Website Accessibility Statement
UnityPoint Health is committed to providing websites that are accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. UnityPoint Health endeavors to comply with best practices and standards.
UnityPoint Health Accessibility Standards
[Updated March 2018]
New web content on UnityPoint Health will be compliant with the standards defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act and Level AA of the W3C Website Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), version 2.0. Additionally, UnityPoint is committed to testing the website to make sure that existing content on the site is accessible to all visitors. Existing content will be updated as necessary to comply with WCAG 2.0.
Reporting an Accessibility Issue
If you would like additional assistance or if you experience an accessibility barrier on one of our websites, please contact the UnityPoint Health Law Department at (515) 241-4650. Please include the URL of the website and details about the issue.
- Online HTML Validation, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Opera, a visual browser with many accessibility-related features, including text zooming, user style sheets, and image toggle capabilities. Compatible with several operating systems.
- JAWS, a computer screen reader for Windows. A trial demo is available at no cost to you.
- Lynx, a free text-only web browser for blind users with refreshable Braille display capabilities.
- WAVE, a free service from to analyze web pages for compliance to accessibility guidelines.
- WebAIM, a organization dedicated to improving accessibility to online materials.