Surgical Services Schedule
GCMH offers expertise in surgical specialties, a surgery department designed with patient comfort and privacy in mind, and state-of-the-art technology. GCMH ranks among the top 5% of hospitals nationwide for Patient Satisfaction, which means you'll experience special attention and care before, during, and after your procedure.
Same-day Surgery and Procedures
- Cataract Surgery-
Performed by Dr. Ben Mason every 3rd Thursday.
- Gastroenterology- including colonoscopy, upper endoscopy, and flexible sigmoidoscopy. Performed by Dr. Kalala on Mondays.
- Colonoscopies performed by Dr. Burgett on Tuesdays.
- General Surgery- including hernia repair, gall bladder surgery, and dialysis graft placement and repair.
Performed by Dr. Burgett on Tuesdays.
- Orthopedics and Sports Injury Treatment- arthritis and joint pain treatment, joint scope procedures (knee or shoulder); rotator cuff repair; fracture and tendon repair; joint injections, tendon repair; hand surgery including carpal tunnel release and trigger finger release.
Performed by Dr. Cooper on Mondays.
Performed by Dr. Bartelt on Thursdays.
- Podiatry- including bunion repair, hammertoe repair, and a variety of foot surgeries.
Performed by Dr. Solomon on Wednesdays.
Many additional surgeries and procedures are performed at GCMH. Please contact Surgery Manager Jessica Eilers with any questions about specific procedures.
Total Joint Surgery
Total knee, hip, and shoulder replacement surgery is performed at GCMH.
- Two orthopedic surgeons mean short wait times for an appointment and to schedule surgery
- Physical Therapists who have specialized training in joint surgery rehabilitation provide on-site therapy
- Spacious rooms and personalized care promote comfort and healing during your brief hospital stay
Best practice in orthopedic medicine is continually researched and implemented, which contributes to an infection rate that's among the lowest in the nation. The GCMH performance improvement process continually evaluates our patient outcomes to ensure high standards for patient care.