Visiting A Patient
Visitors bring encouragement and support to patients. Grundy County Memorial Hospital welcomes family and friends to our hospital, but you are asked to keep these guidelines in mind:
There is a 2-visitor limit for those who are in the Emergency department, Surgery department, or those who have a scheduled outpatient visit in the Specialty Clinic. Patients who are hospitalized may have unlimited visitors, however, there is a limit of 1 visitor for patients who are hospitalized in isolation due to COVID-19. Please check this site for updates as visitor policies change during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- If you are ill you should postpone your visit
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before and after your visit
- For some patients visiting is restricted for health and safety reasons
- If you need to visit after 9:00 p.m., use Entrance #3 and ask the emergency room clerk for assistance
Mask / Face Covering Guidelines
UnityPoint Health has updated its masking guidelines. At this time, masking is now based on personal preference. Patients and visitors should mask in our facilities if they are currently ill with respiratory symptoms, have a COVID-19 diagnosis, or have been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 10 days. Masking is strongly recommended when community transmission levels are high. We encourage anyone who prefers to continue masking to do so.
- All visitors/support people must be in good health and will be screened prior to entrance into the hospital for recent exposure to COVID-19 and symptoms related to COVID-19.
- Anyone who has recently been exposed, is symptomatic or has tested positive for COVID-19 should not visit until they have met the CDC's guidance for discontinuation of isolation
- Visitors who are not in good health but MUST be present in the facility must wear a mask at all times
Mail is delivered to patient rooms Monday through Friday. Please address to:
Grundy County Memorial Hospital
201 East J Ave
Grundy Center, IA 50638
The closest parking lot is outside Entrance #3 on the west side of the hospital. Parking is free.
Meal Service for Visitors & Outpatients
East J Café
East J Café serves a hot meal Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Visitors of current patients are welcome.
- Coffee, water, grab-and-go beverages, salads, sandwiches, fruit, and snacks are available 7:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- A credit/debit card is the method of payment accepted in East J Café using a self-service kiosk. There is not a cash payment option. For assistance during these hours call 319-824-4188.
Meals are available from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. for visiting members of a patient's family.
- Guest meals may be ordered and paid for by going to grundyhospital.revelup.online.
- The meal will be delivered to the patient room or the waiting are you designate on the order.
- For assistance call: 319-824-4188
- A beverage vending machine is available inside Entrance 3 (near the Emergency Department)
No Outside Food for Patients
Visitors are asked to not bring outside food and beverages to patients. If there is a strong desire to supplement the hospitals meals and snacks with brought-in food and beverages, please speak with the care team. Patients are unable to have outside food as they may:
- not be allowed to eat or drink while preparing for a test or procedure
- be monitored for blood glucose control
- need medication administration timed with meals
- require altered food consistency or meal supervision due to swallowing difficulties
- require a fluid restriction or therapeutic diet as part of their treatment
Many local florists will deliver flowers to Grundy County Memorial Hospital patients.
Grundy Center and Reinbeck
- SL Floral- (319) 824-3103
Heirloom Blooms- (319) 269-7289
Eldora Floral & Gifts- (800) 584-5028